Deploy Reports with Ease
ActiveReports Server Core is an optional server add-on for ActiveReports. This server based platform adds enterprise grade
scalability and redundancy designed specifically for reporting.
It also includes support for multi-tenant reporting, security
extensibility, data caching and report optimisation features
that every application needs to ensure high performance.
- Developers -
ActiveReports Server lets you
roll-out server side scalability, redundancy, scheduling
and other reporting platform features easily, with no per-user
- IT -
ActiveReports Server provides
built in tools for administrators to configure, maintain
and manage the report server and keep it running at an optimal
- End Users -
Use the web-based interactive
report portal to access reports on the go, anywhere, through
ActiveReports is an integrated ad-hoc report designer for
Microsoft .NET developers. It is the .NET reporting tool of
choice for hardcore developers who can push it to the limit
using the extensive APIs, but still makes it easy to create
entry-level reports using the familiar Visual Studio integrated
designers. ActiveReports satisfies the needs of virtually any
.NET reporting or ASP.NET reporting application in a wide variety
of business sectors including healthcare, insurance, financial,
banking, engineering, manufacturing and scientific.
Features and Highlights for Developers
Ship out-of-the-box report portal
- Easily embed the web-based report designer viewers,
using built-in ASP.NET components.
- Use the convenient Web services API to give your
application access to report services and user authentication.
- Get off to a quick start with ActiveReports Server’s
.NET class library and SDK, including samples and walkthroughs.
Extend server-side benefits to ActiveReports reports
- Use existing ActiveReports and Data Dynamics Reports
- Add scalable server-side storage and role-based
security with no extra effort.
- Enable out-of-the-box scheduling and distribution,
giving users complete control over their reports.
- Provide centralised rendering and report-browsing
Get royalty free, perpetual licensing—with no per-user
- Save money with server based licensing and no end
user fees or run-time royalties.
- Get unlimited use with perpetual licensing: pay
once and use it as long as you want.
Benefit from built-in SaaS and on-premise support
- Easily deploy Software-as-a-Service offerings, including
those in multi-tenant configurations.
- Rebrand the report designer and viewer with your
own colours, captions, etc.
- Take advantage of ActiveReports Server’s proven
performance and scalability.
Intelligent/Distributed Load Balancing
- Managed agents run reports as multi-threaded processes.
- Server based load balancer built in to distribute
load across available agents.
- Plug-n-Play Agent architecture offers elastic scalability
and failover possibilities.
Optimised Data Storage/Caching
- Report Engine optimisation through context-based
- Reduce the number of trips your reports take to
talk to your database.
- Incrementally reduce report rendering time for your
- Increase the responsiveness of your reports.
- Provide managed scheduling features to your end
- Allow Email distribution as well as windows fileshare
- Allow customisation of Email content for each report.
- Multiple schedules for each report allow for different
times for running as well as different parameter values.
- Choose to attach as an exported file or as a link
to email content.
Extensible Security Providers
- Extend your user security into the server.
- Use your application membership providers with ActiveReports
to secure your reports.
- Use the built-in ActiveDirectory and LDAP security
Single Sign On/ Multi-Tenant Support
- Implement Single-Sign-On scenarios with external
applications into your Report Portal.
- Built-in Multi-tenant support for context sensitive
- Integrate with data security using user context
sensitive inputs from your user managment module.
Features & Highlights for IT Managers & Admins
ActiveReports Server provides built in tools for
administrators to configure, maintain and manage the
report server and keep it running at an optimal pace.
With plug-and-play scalability, simple installation, and
web-based administration, you can remotely access and
manage the server without any additional installations
from a desktop or a mobile device through a modern
- Server-based perpetual licensing for
cost-effective deployment to large numbers of users.
- No end user costs.
- No additional cost for managed agents as your
deployment scales with user load.
- Low Total Cost of Ownership.
Benefit from ComponentOne's proven, world-class
expertise in developer solutions
ActiveReports is built on ComponentOne's
award-winning line of ActiveReports products, used by
tens of thousands of .NET developers for more than 20
years. You can be confident that:
- ComponentOne understands what developers need to
- ComponentOne knows what it takes to support
developers and software companies.
- ComponentOne's professional services teams can
provide any integration assistance you might need.
Web Based Administration
- Web-based Administration Dashboard to manage and
configure the server.
- Manage Security, Licenses, SMTP, Agents and
other key aspects through the web.
- Manage your Report Server remotely wherever you
Role Based Security with Built-in integration with
- Built in Role based user management.
- Extensible Security to match with your existing
- Built-in integration with ActiveDirectory and
most LDAP servers.
Resource Management Capabilities
- Manage your report server resources
- Distribute Scheduled Reports automatically
during low usage times.
- Audit Login and Report running using built in
- Manage your Agents uptime to help with Load
- Simple installation on standard Windows OS with
- Built-in Diagnostics to help identify and
address configuration problems.
- One button upgrades for new versions and service
- No complex manual steps for configuring IIS,
WCF, Windows Services.
Self-managing scalability features make it easy to
scale out as needed
- Built-in load balancing and clustering uses
controllers and report agents to simplify management
and enhance scalability.
- A single controller on the primary server works
with multiple report agents running on local or
connected servers, to allow for more effective
- The controller distributes incoming reporting
requests between agents, balancing load and
performance and simplifying scale-out.
Features & Highlights for End Users
ActiveReports Server lets you provide a server
based reporting portal for your users. The users can
collaborate and run reports in an independent server
platform specifically designed for report optimisation.
With an HTML5 viewer and ability to schedule reports to
run automatically, you can have a report portal deployed
for your users in a few short steps.
End User Report Portal
- Single location for all your reports.
- Organise reports for easier access for users.
- Security based report access for
Server based collaboration
- Users can schedule reports to run automatically
when they are away.
- Distribute reports as links or attachments by
- Distribute reports to a file server.
- Share reports using role based security.
Intuitive mobile reporting experience
- User interface conforms to iPhone, iPad, Android
and other mobile devices.
- Intuitive usability across devices while
ensuring consistent functionality.
- Seamless access to all information regardless of
Fast access to important information
- ActiveReports Server Mobile - Reports List and
- Easily browse your reports list on a mobile
- Drill down into your reports as needed.
- Add frequently used reports to favorites for
Flexibility to access reports offline
- ActiveReports Server Mobile - Support for
- Support for offline report viewing.
- Instantly preview and print the whole report,
the current page, or a range of pages.
- Export report to Microsoft Excel and Adobe PDF
Easy sharing of reports with coworkers
- ActiveReports Server Mobile - Email Reports.
- Ability to forward reports to coworkers from
- Easily send reports via email.
- Email as a link or as an attachment.
- Select from PDF, Excel, Word and other formats.
|For more information please contact
the MicroWay sales team:
MicroWay Pty Ltd
PO Box 84,
Braeside, Victoria, 3195, Australia
Ph: 1300 553 313
Fax: 1300 132 709
ABN: 56 129 024 825
|Sydney Sales Office
MicroWay Pty Ltd
PO Box 1733,
Crows Nest, NSW 1585, Australia
Tel: 1300 553 313
Fax: 1300 132 709
ABN: 56 129 024 825
|New Zealand Sales Office
MicroWay Pty Ltd (NZ)
PO Box 912026
Victoria Street West
Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Tel: 0800 450 168
+61 3 9580 1333, fax +61 3 9580 8995