- PowerDesigner DataArchitect/DM,
or "Data Modeler" edition, is an open and enterprise scalable data
modeling tool for logical and physical data modeling with robust
database round-trip engineering for over 80 RDBMS. PowerDesigner
DataArchitect/DM includes the Requirements Model (RQM), Logical Data
Model (LDM), Physical Data Model (PDM), XML Model (XSM), Impact
Analysis Model (IAM) and Free Model (FRM).
- Enhance the quality and accuracy of your data-driven initiatives with a unified, highly visual blueprint of your organisation's core information assets.
- Leverage enterprise data as a strategic asset with powerful metadata management
- Empower database designers and administrators with support for all leading RDBMSs
- Boost productivity with a blend of modeling tools and database design techniques
- PowerDesigner DataArchitect/RE,
or "Repository" edition, is the team version of DataArchitect/DM,
designed specifically for cross-functional teams who manage and
maintain large, complex database applications and need to share
metadata across the enterprise using a repository. PowerDesigner
DataArchitect/RE includes everything in DataArchitect/DM and adds
the Glossary and the Enterprise Repository. The Repository
includes the PowerDesigner Portal for read only access over the Web.
PowerDesigner DataArchitect/DM includes the Requirements Model
Information Architecture for IT managers, data
center managers and CIOs:
- PowerDesigner InformationArchitect is
the industry's leading information architecture tool supporting data
governance, business intelligence, integration and consolidation or
any enterprise "information problems". PowerDesigner
InformationArchitect includes the Glossary, Requirements Model
(RQM), Business Process Model (BPM), Conceptual Data Model (CDM),
Logical Data Model (LDM), Physical Data Model (PDM), Data Movement
Model (DMM), XML Model (XSM), Impact Analysis Model (IAM), Free
Model (FRM), as well as the Enterprise Repository to securely share,
manage and re-use models. The Repository includes the PowerDesigner
Portal for read only access over the Web.
- Improve your data governance and business intelligence initiatives with a model-driven, collaborative approach to information management across your enterprise.
- Establish a 360-degree view of key information assets to improve business agility
- Perform enterprise-wide impact analysis to minimize the cost and risk of change
- Strengthen data governance by aligning strategy, policy, and technology
- Facilitate collaboration between business and IT with role-based views and reports
Enterprise Architecture for enterprise architects,
IT leaders and business leaders:
- PowerDesigner EnterpriseArchitect combines
the functionality of InformationArchitect with enterprise
architecture modeling techniques that integrate business,
application and technology domains. PowerDesigner
EnterpriseArchitect the only EA tool that can integrate and
transform all models, bridging the gap between business strategy and
IT implementation. PowerDesigner EnterpriseArchitect includes the
Glossary, Requirements Model (RQM), Enterprise Architecture Model
(EAM), Business Process Model (BPM), Conceptual Data Model (CDM),
Logical Data Model (LDM), Physical Data Model (PDM), Data Movement
Model (DMM), XML Model (XSM), Object Oriented Model (OOM), Impact
Analysis Model (IAM), Free Model (FRM), as well as the Enterprise
Repository to securely share, manage and re-use models. The
Repository includes the PowerDesigner Portal for read only access
over the Web.
- Translate your business vision and strategy into a collaborative roadmap for the processes, systems, and technologies you'll need to transform your enterprise.
- Visualise the impact of change from any perspective with link and sync technology
- Define all aspects of your enterprise architecture in one collaborative framework
- Understand the links between processes, information, applications, and technology
- Improve business agility by empowering all stakeholders to easily respond to change
- Support industry-standard EA models, including DoDAF and TOGAF
For All Owners of PowerDesigner with a Repository:
- PowerDesigner Portal Composer allows
for read/write of key metadata on all objects stored in the
repository. Portal Composer licenses work on the FREE PowerDesigner
Repository Portal, and activate the authoring capability. Portal
Composer requires the purchase (or ownership) of at least one
license of DataArchitect/RE, InformationArchitect or
EnterpriseArchitect. It is not a standalone product, and does not
include any product media.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Beginning with
version 12, PowerBuilder Enterprise will be the only
edition produced (there will no longer be a Desktop or
Professional edition as of PowerBuilder 12). Upgrades
are available for v11.x Desktop and Professional
editions to upgrade to PowerBuilder v12 Enterprise
Edition. It is still possible to order the Desktop and
Professional edition in v11.5 and these are listed on
our pricelist / order form.
PowerBuilder - Accelerate your development.
PowerBuilder is the easiest, fastest, and most cost-effective application development tool for creating high-performance, data-driven business applications. PowerBuilder is both revolutionary and proven technology that has uniquely evolved to stay in synch with the latest functionality and visual user interface advances. PowerBuilder IS .NET…and so much more.
Sybase PowerBuilder is the revolutionary new generation of
Sybase’s award-winning, market favourite rapid application development
Revolutionary? Yes! It’s not just a new version, it’s a leap forward
in technology that also protects and extends your existing investment
into the future.
Developers can do more with PowerBuilder and their current skill
set than they can with any other tool. Whether your company needs to
maintain a Win32 code line, build Web front ends for existing
applications, integrate with .NET development, or move development
entirely to the .NET Framework, PowerBuilder gets you there. Faster,
easier, and more cost effectively.
The new Sybase PowerBuilder architecture works with Microsoft’s
Visual Studio infrastructure to deliver the highest level of application
development productivity for PowerBuilder developers on the .NET
Framework. PowerBuilder 12 still requires only about five lines of code
– instead of hundreds in another language – to access powerful business
logic using its patented DataWindow technology. With the DataWindow now
re-written in C#, PowerBuilder also produces managed code and
natively supports Microsoft WPF, giving developers even more
productivity, flexibility, and security. Also, it is the only product
that allows customers to leverage their existing Win32 code and
seamlessly migrate to the .NET Framework, saving the expense and
complexities of re-writing.
Sybase ships PowerBuilder with two self-contained IDEs. The first is
designed for Windows 32-based development to build and maintain Win32
applications and migrate existing code to Windows Forms and WebForms.
The second is a new comprehensive IDE for migration of existing code to
Windows Presentation Foundation applications, building new Windows
Presentation Foundation-based applications and deploying 100 percent
managed code on top of the Microsoft Visual Studio shell, all with
existing PowerBuilder skills.
A developer favourite for nearly two decades, PowerBuilder is the
declarative application development environment for building,
maintaining and modernising business-critical Windows applications.
PowerBuilder’s patented, unparalleled DataWindow technology is the
key to quickly building data rich applications with minimal coding. Its
declarative programming environment and high level of abstraction
simplifies the complexities of development, allowing developers to focus
on solving business problems instead of trying to keep up with the
myriad of new technologies, programming languages, and techniques. With
PowerBuilder, all you need is your current skill-set to do a variety of
PowerBuilder is simply the easiest way for developers to create the
most updated, visually appealing business applications on the latest
Windows platforms – on time and under budget.
technology abstracts the complexity of data access, data manipulation,
sorting, filtering, data presentation, and enables developers to
declaratively apply custom business logic with about five lines of
script, significantly accelerating development speed.
.NET Common Type System (CTS) language supports complete .NET
PowerBuilder is a true .NET language, enabling
developers to easily produce and consume Web Services and.NET assemblies
that can be shared with partners, customers, and throughout the
Multiple deployment options
Create desktop, Web,
Rich Internet Applications (RIA) or Windows Presentation Foundation
Open database support
specifically built for Sybase, IBM, Microsoft and Oracle are included
with the product. JDBC, ODBC, and ADO.NET are also supported making it
simple and easy to support any data source in your enterprise.
SQL Anywhere 16
Give developers the tools to rapidly design and power embedded database applications for mobile and remote environments. Our SQL database management software keeps data synchronised with thousands of mobile devices or remote offices, so that all business users can access vital data – anytime, anywhere.
- Create powerful, data-driven applications that run remotely on laptops, handhelds, and smartphones
- Harmonise data automatically and securely with best-of-breed synchronisation technologies
- Minimise database administration with out-of-box performance and self-maintenance features
- Leverage advanced features and flexible, standards-based platforms to speed application development
- Easy to Use, Easy to Administer - Self-administering and
self-tuning, requiring minimal DBA involvement.
- Enterprise-level Performance and Scalability - Symmetric
multiprocessor (SMP) support and innovative new query processing
algorithms speed performance for larger, complex queries and greater
numbers of connected users.
- True End-to-End Security - 128-bit strong encryption
options, resulting in true end-to-end security that meets the needs
of customers in privacy-conscious industries such as healthcare and
- Multi-Platform Support - Supports a wide range of
operating systems and popular handheld platforms to provide the
highest flexibility in deployment.
- Open API and Tools Support - Supports many standards for
easy, high-performance data access. SQL Anywhere lets you leverage
your existing investments in development skills and tools.
- Comprehensive Support for Web Services - Simplifies the
development of database-powered Web services applications,
integration with existing systems, and deployment of applications
across diverse IT environments.
- Optimised for Handheld Devices and Intelligent Appliances - Provides an ideal solution for memory-constrained environments
such as handheld devices.
The SQL Anywhere Base
consists of three Editions (Base Packages): Workgroup Edition,
Standard Edition, and Advanced Edition.
- Workgroup Edition: The SQL Anywhere Base
Packages have been renamed SQL Anywhere Workgroup Edition. The
Workgroup Edition is available as a Multi-user Server (5-user,
10-user) or Personal Server (1 CPU).The Workgroup Edition supports
up to 2 CPUs.
- Standard Edition: The Standard Edition is
designed for the growing number of customers needing guaranteed
reliability and performance. Standard Edition includes everything in
the Workgroup Edition plus SQL Anywhere High Availability and SQL
Anywhere Monitoring. The Standard Edition supports up to 4 CPUs.
- Advanced Edition: The SQL Anywhere Advanced
Edition is targeted at enterprises that want to incorporate
departmental servers into established IT environments and have
increased requirements regarding performance or special use cases.
The Advanced Edition includes everything included in the Standard
Edition plus SQL Anywhere In-Memory Mode, Replication Agent for SQL
Anywhere and RSA FIPS Security.
Note: The features included in the Standard or
Advanced Editions that are not included in the Workgroup Edition (such
as SQL Anywhere High Availability, Monitoring, Replication Agent and
In-Memory Mode) will not be available as additional deployment licenses
for versions 11.0.1 and later. To obtain licensing for these components
for v11.0.1 and later customers will need to purchase the applicable
edition of SQL Anywhere. Note that these components will continue to be
available separately as additional deployment licenses for versions
prior to v11.0.1.
SQL Anywhere Server
SQL Anywhere Server is an enterprise calibre database that scales to
hundreds of concurrent users, hundreds of gigabytes of data, containing
hundreds of millions of rows. Yet its many features enabling
zero-administration ensure that it also scales down to smaller
environments with little or no onsite I.T. support. This makes SQL
Anywhere Server ideal for ISVs selling solutions to customers who come
in a range of shapes and sizes.
SQL Anywhere Server has many advanced, enterprise calibre features
- Row-level locking
- Full transaction processing
- Referential integrity
- SQL and Java stored procedures and triggers
- Advanced OLAP functions
- Database mirroring
- Database clustering
- Snapshot isolation
- Materialised views
- Built-in Web Services server
- Inter-query and intra-query parallelism
SQL Anywhere Server also offers a rich set of features that make it
easy to operate in environments where I.T. support may not always be
available, such as:
- Self-tuning query optimiser
- Dynamic cache sizing
- Automated online back-up and recovery
- Roll-forward log
- Scheduled and event-based DB maintenance
- Remote DBA privileges
- Automated DB file growth
- Configuration data stored in single DB file
- Binary compatible DB files
- SNMP agent
- Trace logging
- Configurable through SQL commands
Scaling from 64-bit multi-processor servers all the way down to
laptop and tablet computers, SQL Anywhere Server can be deployed onto
the platforms you desire, including Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Netware,
Solaris, and a range of other UNIX variants. The adoption of open
standards and integration ensures you can build your database-powered
applications using the development tools and technologies you already
without touching the core licensing code.
|For more information please contact
the MicroWay sales team:
MicroWay Pty Ltd
PO Box 84,
Braeside, Victoria, 3195, Australia
Ph: 1300 553 313
Fax: 1300 132 709
ABN: 56 129 024 825
|Sydney Sales Office
MicroWay Pty Ltd
PO Box 1733,
Crows Nest, NSW 1585, Australia
Tel: 1300 553 313
Fax: 1300 132 709
ABN: 56 129 024 825
|New Zealand Sales Office
MicroWay Pty Ltd (NZ)
PO Box 912026
Victoria Street West
Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Tel: 0800 450 168
+61 3 9580 1333, fax +61 3 9580 8995