Products for Data Infrastructure
Actian Zen Embedded Database (PSQL) is the perfect solution for packaged business applications. It is one of the most reliable, low maintenance, high-performance database management systems in the world.
- Zen Embedded Database (PSQL)
- What’s New in Zen v15?
Zen v15 brings major advancements for intelligent edge applications and data processing!
- Zen Enterprise (Server & Workgroup)
Actian Zen: Zero-DBA, Embedded, Nano-footprint, Multi-Model, Multi-Platform
- Single architecture – from device to gateway, from server to cloud
- Multi-model, multi-platform, embedded in most popular languages
- Modular: 2MB client to 35MB server to full Enterprise under 200MB
- No-ETL between clients, servers, and cloud
- AES 256-bit military-grade encryption
- Embed in apps, configurable through APIs
- Built-in automated defragmentation
- Single data file/table size of 64 TB
Zen Embedded Database
Actian Zen database family is the most reliable, small-footprint, low-maintenance, high-performance database management system (DBMS) in the world, purpose-built for Edge data management – whether in the Cloud, remote and branch offices or in Mobile and IoT settings. Actian Zen combines NoSQL programmatic API-based access and SQL relational access for the perfect blend of performance and standard access from most popular operating environments and underlying Intel and ARM platforms. Zero-DBA design and fantastic backward compatibility (prior versions of PSQL) mean that ISVs support costs are dramatically reduced.
Actian Zen Editions
Actian Zen Core
- For mobile/IoT devices
- NoSQL API
- Embed directly in apps using Dynamic Link Libraries
- Client and Peer-to-Peer
- 2MB footprint
Actian Zen Edge
- Embed in Edge gateways and complex machinery
- Full Client-Server functionality
- >100s of concurrent users
- 35MB footprint
Actian Zen Enterprise
Actian Zen Workgroup for Windows
- Embed/bundle with ERP, Vertical, and other complex apps
- >1000s of concurrent users for branch or central office
- 175MB footprint
Actian Zen Cloud Server
- Cloud-ready version of Zen Enterprise
- Runs in VMs and Containers
- Embed/bundle in complex SaaS apps or managed services
Zen Embedded (PSQL) is a reliable, low-maintenance, high-performance database management system (DBMS). Thousands of companies around the world license PSQL and distribute it as the underlying data storage program for their data-intensive software products. These companies see no reason to build their own DBMS or license from a competitor once they experience the ease-of-use, reliability, and value offered by Zen Embedded (PSQL).
No matter whether you received Zen Embedded (PSQL) with another product or purchased it yourself, this section explains a little about the product and why it is right for you.
Zen Embedded (PSQL) provides a number of advantages over other products available on the market. Here are just a few:
- Lowest total cost of ownership. An independent study conducted by Aberdeen Group concluded that no major database product can match Zen Embedded (PSQL)’s low total cost of ownership. How do we do it? See the next bullet.
- No Database Administrator (DBA) required. You can look in the newspaper any day of the week and see classified ads for Oracle, Sybase, or SQL Server database administrators, with sky-high salaries. Zen Embedded (PSQL) offers the unique Zero Database Administrator, or Z-DBA, architecture. Its easy-to-use tools, bulletproof installation, and set-it-and-forget-it simplicity make it the perfect workhorse for desktop, workgroup, and departmental applications.
- Scalable from the desktop to the Web. Zen Embedded (PSQL) is available in two editions: the Ultra-light Workgroup database engine supports single-user configurations up to small workgroup configurations. The Server engine comes with a six-user license and scales to hundreds of concurrent users, including intranet and extranet applications. Upgrading to another configuration requires no changes to the supported application, just plug and play with the new database engine.
- Cross-platform support. Unlike some competitors, Zen Embedded (PSQL) does not lock you in to a single platform. Zen Embedded (PSQL) databases are binary-compatible and supported across Microsoft Windows and several varieties of Linux. No matter where your data is or where it is going to be, Zen Embedded (PSQL) is there for you.
- Big database features at a small price. Zen Embedded (PSQL) offers full security, encryption, management and monitoring tools, and a host of other features you would expect to see in more expensive DBMS products.
- Legendary stability and reliability. There’s no doubt why the Windows desktop accounting market uses Zen Embedded (PSQL) as the underlying database of choice. When you’ve got to manage important data, you go for the database engine that won’t let you down.
- Multiple access methods. Your application vendor can use the Btrieve API for blazing performance on bulk data operations, while offering the richness of ODBC, OLE-DB, pure Java, and JDBC interfaces for data reporting, security, analysis, and standard compatibility. No other database management system offers all these access methods.
For more information, contact MicroWay by phone on 1300 553 313 or email