Control Application Packaging Workflow, Software License Workflow, and the Enterprise Application Lifecycle
Workflow Manager, Flexera's workflow management software, helps enterprises efficiently manage the Application Readiness and Software License Optimisation processes to streamline the procurement, preparation, deployment, and ongoing management of applications. Workflow Manager maximises productivity of the IT team by automating change management, asset management, and other ITIL processes as part of the enterprise application lifecycle.
When IT-wide processes such as preparing application for deployment, migrations, and license optimisation are managed poorly, expensive errors can occur, resulting in costly delays, lost productivity, and overspending. Using workflow management software standardises, coordinates, and streamlines the management of applications through the entire enterprise lifecycle, reducing costs and maximising productivity.
Workflow Manager supports both AdminStudio Suite and FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises. IT teams of every size use Workflow Manager to coordinate software asset management—from application packaging and deployment, though software licensing and optimisation after deployment. Workflow management software streamlines processes, such as preparing for Windows migrations and application virtualisation, as well as procurement, auditing, and retirement of software assets.
Streamline Application Readiness Process
- Give end users an easy way to submit requests for new software packaging services and initiate IT projects
- Assign requests to the packager with the most bandwidth and monitor progress in real time
- See assigned tasks in an easy-to-follow graphical workflow, eliminating the need for ad-hoc guesswork
- Generate detailed management reports on every aspect of the software packaging process
- Track and manage SLAs (service level agreements) to ensure compliance
Coordinate Software License Optimisation
- Collects data from other IT systems necessary for next generation software asset management
- Real time updates increase data accuracy of procurement and receiving of new software and contracts
- Coordinate audit reviews of contract obligations and current compliance
- Ensures collaboration of cross-functional teams involved in the management of software assets
- View the real-time status of every project, who is working on it, and any issues that arise
Tightly Integrate Management of the Application Lifecycle with existing IT Processes
- Exposed APIs enable integration with help desk tools and processes including incident, change, and release management from leading vendors including BMC Remedy and ServiceNow
- Share package files, metadata, licensing information and other application lifecycle data with IT systems like the CMDB to simplify ITIL or Microsoft BDD implementations
- Provides connectivity to HR, Active Directory, procurement, ERP and other systems for user, computer, purchasing and organisational data
Workflow Management Software for the Entire Asset Management Lifecycle
Software assets are constantly changing, driven by new projects, daily employee requests, and new security patches, just to name a few. Workflow Manager ensures IT, Finance, Security, and other cross-functional professionals work together to achieve the most effective management of software assets, significantly maximising productivity and service delivery.
Automate Application Readiness Workflow
Automate the six step Application Readiness process with out-of-the-box workflow templates that standardise and enforce best practices for Application Readiness for consistent delivery of applications. Maintain consistent and repeatable processes that ensure reliability and accelerates service delivery of physical, virtual and mobile applications.
Automate Software License Optimisation Processes
Deliver workflow application management for Software License Optimisation processes out of the box. Workflow Manager uses the FlexNet Manager Platform Compliance API web service to return software license compliance-related information, including lists of computers, end-users, and software licenses.
Incorporate Software Vulnerability Management
Route requests automatically to the correct resource for Software Vulnerability Management processes, ensuring the right people have the right information at the right time to significantly decrease the time to prepare applications and patch critical software assets.
Service Level Reporting Keeps Projects on Time
Accurately measure the volume of work and the speed at which it is completed to better predict accurate turnaround times, and highlight potential bottlenecks that may affect the ability to meet or exceed Service Level Agreements (SLA). Detailed reporting of packaging, patching, and asset management processes keeps management up to date and helps set proper expectations for project scope and completion.
Find summary information about relevant work assignments, issues, reports, and links to company-specific data on the Workflow Manager workflow management software home page. The dashboard information is tailored to each user, based on their permissions and displays at glance information about the projects they contribute to.
Keep Workflow Moving Between Teams
Minimise transition time between teams and ensure asset management requests are completed quickly and efficiently. Bring discipline, control, automation, and accountability to one of the least well-managed strategic corporate assets.
Define custom roles for each group and user responsible for different portions of a service request and automatically notify the party responsible for next step in a workflow. Configure custom permissions ensuring users can only make changes specific to their role.
Works with IT Service Management Solutions
Keep related IT groups informed and involved in the Application Readiness, Software License Optimisation, and Software Vulnerability Management processes. Workflow Manager integrates with leading ITIL configuration management databases (CMDBs) and IT Service Management (ITSM) data sources, including ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, HP Service Anywhere, and HP Service Manager.
|For more information please contact
the MicroWay sales team:
MicroWay Pty Ltd
PO Box 84,
Braeside, Victoria, 3195, Australia
Ph: 1300 553 313
Fax: 1300 132 709
ABN: 56 129 024 825
|Sydney Sales Office
MicroWay Pty Ltd
PO Box 1733,
Crows Nest, NSW 1585, Australia
Tel: 1300 553 313
Fax: 1300 132 709
ABN: 56 129 024 825
|New Zealand Sales Office
MicroWay Pty Ltd (NZ)
PO Box 912026
Victoria Street West
Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Tel: 0800 450 168
+61 3 9580 1333, fax +61 3 9580 8995